Is your lead time a competitive advantage?
Do you always deliver on or before your due date promise?
Does your inventory turn performance meet management’s target?
Do you develop new or improved products faster than competitors?
Is your productivity ratio well above 1?
Would you like to boost your performance?
I was in several such situations.
- Market demand was great.
- We could not produce enough.
- Our ROI was not good enough for corporate management to invest.
- We had to get management’s attention and authorisation to expand capacity.
- To get their attention and authorisation we found a way to boost our bottom line.
Rudolfburkhard.com is about helping businesses boost their bottom line through effectiveness and reliability.
My name is Rudolf Burkhard. I hate to admit it – I am 77 but still going strong. Born in Switzerland and grew up in Canada. I studied at the ETH in Zürich and McGill University in Montreal.
Learning the Theory of Constraints philosophy and methods was the most important part of my business education. I signed up with Dr Eliyahu Goldratt (Eli) and the Theory of Constraints (TOC). Eli wanted his TOC people to boost companies’ results without hurting employees.
Eli was never about cost reduction. He always sought more Throughput (the rate at which a company makes money). My target is the same as Eli’s:
I want you to boost your bottom line and thus improve your employees’ security and job satisfaction. I want you to be on your “Red Curve”.
I hope RudolfBurkhard.com helps you to your red curve whether you work with me or not.
Here is the kind of help you can get:
- If you have not yet read ‘The Goal’ get a copy and read it.
- If you have read it but have not reached your red curve read it again.
- Subscribe to my blog here or to my newsletter on Linkedin. The content is the same. Both try to educate readers through explanations of TOC and success stories like those in The Goal or Its Not Luck. Both are by Eli.
- Here are other resources (this is not a complete list):
- Goldratt Marketing is a source of books and videos about the Theory of Constraints.Ensemble Group has a lot of good articles. You can subscribe to their articles.TOCICO is the certification organisation for people and companies that apply to TOC. They have many videos from past conferences with success stories and new methods/applications.SAP has a Theory of Constraints module within its ERP offering.
- Dr James Holt has some instructive videos on YouTube: The Intuition Trainer and the Job Shop Game are two.
- I represent Alkyone Consulting and its 2 software tools. Implementations show results you would expect from the red curve. Alkyone Consulting is a German company, their website is in German. I hope that soon there will be an English page.
- Simple Planning – a Theory of Constraints add-on to ‘any’ ERP.
- TOC in SAP – this is the Simple Planning functionality built into SAP. It is a module for SAP-R3 and S4-Hana.
- I want to help Sabesoft sell its cloud-based ERP. Sabesoft’s targets are small and medium-sized companies. Their ERP has Theory of Constraints functionality built in.
- Alkyone-Consultants accompany software implementations. They support the software and TOC methodology implementations.
- The Alkyone-Academy trains and educates customer personnel as a part of making their TOC implementation sustainable. Courses in the spring and autumn.
- My offer: I work for free until bottom-line results are achieved. At that point, you pay a small, negotiated percentage of the benefits your company has realised. For free does not mean you have no costs. You pay my travel and living expenses. You supply the necessary resources for the project. The software we may implement is not free.
- You need to evaluate your opportunity cost between the results I describe and your other opportunities.
- We analyse your company to determine your potential and whether the view of the promised results is worth the climb.
The assumptions for the potential result will be yours. The data we use will come from your P&L and Balance Sheet.